- Policy Analysis
- Policy Cooperation
- INNO-Nets 2009-2012
- INNO-Nets 2006-2009
- European Cluster Alliance
- INNO-Actions 2009-2011
- INNO-Actions 2006-2009
- INNO-Learning Platform
- PRO INNO Europe® services
|Project Title:||Award for Design Management Innovating and Reinforcing Enterprises|
|Programme:||Sixth Framework Programme - Research and Innovatiohttp://pro-inno.atosorigin.es/node/196/editn|
|Start Date:||January 2007|
|End Date:||December 2008|
|Key words:||Implementation of Design Management, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises|
ADMIRE aims to encourage companies - especially SME - to introduce Design Management procedures in order to improve their competitiveness.
To this end, the ADMIRE project intends to:
- Stimulate innovation in European SME by raising awareness of Design Management, promoting the opportunities it offers and initiating exchanges of good practices in Design Management.
- Establish a sustainable European platform for knowledge sharing involving design centres, knowledge institutes and enterprises.
- Organise an annual European Design Management Award (EDMA) to celebrate and promote good practices in Design Management developed by European businesses.
- Identify and test new activities to promote Design Management, such as an annual European Design Agenda in the regions in order to make Design Management more visible in public and business administration
The key activities if the ADMIRE project include:
- Researching and describing the latest information on Design Management.
- Presenting particularly interesting cases of good practice in Design Management.
- Coordination and organisation of a congress to launch the European Design Management Award
- Coordination and organisation of two European Design Management Award-celebration ceremonies.
- Organisation of local workshops and congresses within the framework of a European Design Management platform.
- Research and delivery of a blueprint for a promotional scheme.
- Research into the actual status of Design Management in European Enterprises
The ADMIRE consortium consists of 18 European organisations including public authorities, design centres, knowledge institutes and the media.
Target groups are SME, knowledge institutes, public authorities and the general public.
The effects of the ADMIRE project will be:
- Enhanced awareness of the benefits of good design, notably better opportunities for business and employment development.
- Continuous improvement of Design Management methodologies via a knowledge sharing network
- Better dissemination methods for good practices in Design Management.
- Promotion of the concept of innovation by means of good design management.
- Increased efforts by European regions and cities to invest in promoting design and good Design Management.
Design Management is one of the non-technological aspects of innovation. Many European countries perform below their potential in this area. The promotion and stimulation of Design Management, in particular in SME, will therefore encourage non-technical innovation using Design Management as a tool. It therefore addresses what has become an increasingly important innovation issue in many EU member states.
European Commission / DG Enterprise and Industry
Project Officer: Marija POPOVIC